My army of monkeys have been hard at work mashing on their typewriters. These are the official
Travelling And Technology WordyMonkey predictions for 2013:
1. Amazon's momentum will continue and the company will become an even bigger competitor in the tech industry this year. I am not sure what exactly Amazon has planned for the year to come but I really think they are a company to watch. Amazon is certainly already doing well in this space with their Kindles, tablets, and cloud services but I think Jeff Bezos is doing a lot of things right.
2. 2013 will be the year of wearable tech. I believe there will be lots of gadgets that will be developed to be worn, that will wirelessly communicate with your smartphone. I imagine smart-watches, glasses, clip-on cameras, and wristbands (like the Nike Fuelband).
3. Though there was limited progress in Mobile payments in 2012, I believe that 2013 will be the year that it actually happens. I am going to go out on a limb here and predict that Apple will make mobile payments happen this year, most likely incorporating NFC.
4. I think that most people have probably never heard of 3D printing. I think in 2013 that is all going to change. Over the next 12 months I think 3D printing is going to make itself know to the general public. By the end of the year I think that a lot more people are going to become aware of this technology and it will be widely available. It's going to be huge!
5. Apple will release a new low cost phone. Either that or they will drastically cut the price of one of their older models (3GS or 4). Apple has never tailored to the low end of any product market. The problem is expansion. The iPhone has nearly entirely saturated the high end market. There is little room for them to grow.